Tuesday 9 July 2013

Feelings & confusion


I was trying to write about how I felt about it all but so far haven't succeeded very well. Maybe because I’d rather not think about feelings in general.

There is a hemmed in feeling but I guess that’s what it’s about, keeping an eye on me. I still don’t know what is expected of me, what I am supposed to do on my monthly visits and what will be talked about on the phone in between. So: confusion.

Efficiency could be an issue. Not mine! At my first interview I said I was not free on Tuesdays until after the 2nd July. When my letter arrived telling me of when the calls and appointments would be I phoned and asked some questions and pointed out again that I had a hospital appointment on the 2nd so it might be difficult to have a phone conversation. At my induction I told the tutor to pass on the message that my advisor could phone between 9.30 and 10.30, on the Tuesday. I was rung later in the day – my father took the call [I am way past the age of living at home really, except to return to look after the aged parents, well it’s more like the other way round]. The work programme is there to help me. But with what?
 
My hospital appointment was with physiotherapy, He’s really good, it’s subtle, slow but steady – alongside medication. He wanted to make my appointment for 4 weeks time, it’ll be 5 weeks because of Work Programme. More confusion: what can I or can’t I do? What can I change? What takes precedence?  My short term plan says my health “mainly”: should I have taken the appointment he offered then phoned my advisor?

Who will be my tutor when I turn up for my next appointment? Who else will be there? Will I be able to find a sort of corner space where I feel safe and where there is low UV?

No comments:

Post a Comment